Woman, 39, charged over Lurgan police station attack

Chloe Gibson and Amy StewartBBC News NI
News imagePacemaker A police officer stands with his back to the camera and is stood near a grey, unmarked police car. There is a police cordon closing off the station and a white Audi car is visible in the distance in the station, flanked by two large grey brick blast walls.Pacemaker
The attack targeted the police station in the centre of Lurgan

A 39-year-old woman has been charged as part of an investigation into an attack on a police station in Lurgan in March.

She has been charged with obstructing police and will appear at Craigavon Magistrates' Court on Wednesday, 3 June.

Six weeks ago, two masked men, one armed with a gun, hijacked a delivery driver and told him he would be killed if he did not drive a bomb to a police station.

The woman is one of three people who were arrested earlier in Lurgan. A 15-year-old boy has been released. A 48-year-old man remains in custody.

The woman has been released unconditionally in respect of perverting the course of justice and assisting an offender, police said.

A number of searches remain ongoing in the area.

Residents of about 100 homes were evacuated at the time of the incident.