Family wants 'Alice's Law' after mother's BBL death
Family handoutThe family of a mother of five who died after getting a Brazilian butt lift (BBL) has written to the government to demand it brings in a new law to regulate the cosmetic industry.
Alice Webb, 33, became unwell and later died in hospital after the treatment given by Jordan James Parke at his Gloucester salon in 2024.
Webb's sister, April Palmer, and her former partner Ben Kingscote have written to health secretary James Murray calling on him to introduce Alice's Law, which would restrict liquid BBL procedures to qualified surgeons.
Webb's family have said they are "disgusted" at the "extremely troubling" lack of progress since she died. The government insisted that it is "taking action".
Parke, who was known as the British Lip King, had appeared on television shows to talk about his work.
He died in February in an unrelated incident which is believed to have happened after he underwent a cosmetic procedure.

The family has previously backed the campaign launched by Save Face three years ago calling for greater regulation.
The government has announced proposals to restrict BBLs and other high-risk procedures, but the family's letter criticised ministers for not acting soon enough, despite knowing the dangers.
"Had the Government acted on those warnings when they were raised, Alice might still be with us," the letter from the family said.
"Alice's Law is very important to us as a family, as we believe it could prevent avoidable harm and spare other families the same heartbreak," they said.
"Every month of inaction risks further, entirely preventable fatalities."
Kingscote criticised the previous health secretary Wes Streeting for spending more time talking about the dangers on TV rather than "actually doing something to get it stopped".
A spokeswoman for the Department of Health and Social Care offered their sympathies to Webb's family.
"This government is taking action to crack down on cosmetic cowboys and root out dangerous practices," they said.
"Our tough new measures will ensure only qualified healthcare professionals will be able to perform the highest-risk procedures, such as the liquid BBL."
At a pre-inquest review on Monday at Gloucestershire Coroner's Court, senior coroner Katy Skerrett said a full inquest in front of a jury would take place in the autumn.
Follow BBC Gloucestershire on Facebook, X and Instagram. Send your story ideas to us on email or via WhatsApp on 0800 313 4630.
