Nottinghamshire

Latest Updates

  1. Calm after the chaos welcome at Forestpublished at 08:58 BST

    Nick Mashiter
    Football reporter

    Vitor Pereira kneeling on the touchlineImage source, Getty Images

    The chaos ends with calm at Nottingham Forest. One the final day 12 months ago, they missed out on Champions League football before this year slipped into chaos with Nuno Espirito Santo sacked in September.

    Since then, with Ange Postecoglou, Sean Dyche and now Vitor Pereira, it has been a wild ride of battling relegation and challenging in Europe.

    Pereira was the man to eventually take them to safety - and the Europa League semi-finals - but there needs to be a season of calm and certainty at the City Ground next season.

    Survival assured, Sunday's final day visit of Bournemouth has little riding on it for the hosts. The eyes will be on the Cherries' European ambitions, but most will take that following the past nine months.

    Nuno's falling-out with global sporting director Edu was the catalyst for his departure in September and that set the ball rolling for the managerial musical chairs.

    Edu is expected to leave this summer, just a year after Forest earned credit for bringing him to the club. Having lost the nous and experience of sporting director Ross Wilson to Newcastle, external, they will need to find someone who can aid Pereira.

    There may be trepidation after how the Portuguese's Wolves side fell apart last season after failed transfer business, and that is something Forest will be mindful of.

    But Pereira's impact on the squad and on the pitch should not be underestimated.

    There has been a feeling over the past few years that Forest could do with a season of anonymity but, after promotion, relegation battles and European heroics, that is not their style.

  2. Murillo signs new deal with Nottingham Forestpublished at 19:51 BST 23 May

    Nottingham Forest defender MurilloImage source, Getty Images

    Nottingham Forest defender Murillo has signed a new contract with the club, which extends his stay until the summer of 2030.

    The Brazilian centre-back previously agreed a new deal in January 2025 and has now opted to add a further year to his time at the City Ground.

    Murillo has made over 100 appearances for Forest since he joined in August 2023.

    On signing the new deal, he said: "This is my second renewal with the club and I'm feeling so happy.

    "It's a dream and it's really important for me, my family and my career. It shows me how important I am for the Club and that people have confidence in me."

    The 23-year-old has played 39 times in all competitions this season but will miss the final game of the league campaign against Bournemouth with a hamstring injury.

  3. Sutton's predictions: Nottingham Forest v Bournemouthpublished at 17:16 BST 23 May

    Chris Sutton smiling on a yellow and black background with 'Sutton's predictions' written below his face

    There will be no last-day drama for Nottingham Forest, who have done pretty well to stay up when you consider they have had four different managers this season.

    This is Andoni Iraola's last game in charge of Bournemouth and I am expecting him to win it.

    The Cherries showed how good they are against Manchester City in midweek and they will be on the front foot again here.

    Sutton's prediction: 1-2

    Read the full predictions and have your say here

  4. Leaving Gibbs-White out ‘a big call’published at 16:00 BST 23 May

    Nottingham Forest captain Morgan Gibbs-WhiteImage source, Getty Images

    The team on BBC Radio Nottingham’s Shut Up And Show More Football podcast have been chatting in-depth about England boss Thomas Tuchel's decision to omit Morgan Gibbs-White from his World Cup squad.

    "It is a big call. I've got to admit, I'm surprised," said Colin Fray.

    "Gibbs-White has struggled to get into some of Thomas Tuchel's squads since he has been around but I just thought he's a head coach, a manager, who talks about picking players on form, not just because they are big names, and I don't think he could do any more than what he done.

    "His form over the last few weeks, couple of months, three months, has been absolutely outstanding - probably the best of any English player around, certainly in an attacking sense, so I don't think he could have done any more."

    Gibbs-White has scored 14 Premier League goals this season, level with Aston Villa striker Ollie Watkins.

    "Given how well he has been playing - given his goal contributions, given the form or lack of and the minutes or lack of of some of the players that he's effectively vying for positions with - I thought Thomas Tuchel might find a place for him," Fray continued.

    "The other thing is, that he can be versatile. He can play in the number 10 role but he can also play, as we have seen to great effect at Forest over recent weeks, off the left-hand side, so he can offer you cover in two positions within your squad.

    "There are all sorts of reasons why I would certainly have thought that Tuchel would have chosen him in his squad. He hasn't, it could come back to bite him - or he could be sitting there with a World Cup trophy for the first time in 60 years by the end of July and smiling and saying: ’There you go, I told you so.'"

    Listen below or on BBC Sounds here - and don't forget to subscribe to get each episode into your My Sounds feed.

    Explore all Nottingham Forest content on BBC Sounds

    The orange BBC Sounds logo against a black background
  5. Nottingham Forest v Bournemouth: Key stats and talking pointspublished at 13:25 BST 23 May

    Chris Adams
    BBC Sport journalist

    Bournemouth visit Nottingham Forest on Sunday knowing they are already assured of a first European adventure next season – but they need a number of results to go their way to land a place in the Champions League.

    It was Forest who enjoyed their own continental quest this year, with an impressive run to the Europa League semi-finals providing a welcome distraction to their domestic woes.

    Pereira pulling up Trees

    Vitor Pereira took over from Sean Dyche in February and has steered the Tricky Trees to safety thanks in no small part to an eight-game unbeaten run that ended with a 3-2 defeat by Manchester United last week.

    In fact, since the Portuguese head coach's arrival, Forest have been the eighth-best team in the division.

    Morgan Gibbs-White was on the scoresheet again at Old Trafford, his 14th league goal of the season, but he was absent from the England World Cup squad named by Thomas Tuchel on Friday, despite boasting better numbers than some of the attacking midfielders selected.

    The table shows how Morgan Gibbs-White's attackig numbers in 2025-26 compare favourably to those of Eberechi Eze and Jude Bellingham. He has scored more goals and provided more assists.

    Pereira's side enter the final day in 16th but could still climb as high as 11th with a win and several kind results elsewhere, although this is not ordinarily a fixture they fare well in.

    Forest are winless in all seven of their Premier League games against Bournemouth (D3 L4) - that's both the most they've faced a side without ever winning and the most the Cherries have played a team without losing in the competition.

    Iraola's last stand

    Bournemouth head coach Andoni Iraola will want to bow out on a high in what is the Spaniard's last game before departing Vitality Stadium – and what a position he leaves the club in.

    The Cherries are sixth, which may be enough for a Champions League spot, but it relies on Aston Villa, who are currently fourth, finishing fifth. Regardless, they cannot drop lower than seventh, and therefore a Europa League spot, at the very least, is guaranteed.

    Had it not been for a vast number of draws, the Dorset club might already have confirmed their place among Europe's elite. They've shared the points 17 times this season; one more stalemate would set an outright Premier League record for a 38-game season.

    The table shows the clubs with the most draws in a Premier League season. Bournemouth are joint-top with 17 in the 2025-26 season, which has one game to go.

    It's already the most draws by any side finishing in the top half of the table since Newcastle United in 2003-04 (17, finished fifth).

    Nine of those draws have come in Bournemouth's ongoing 17-game unbeaten run in the league, a sequence that is unrivalled in the top flight this season.

    Defender Marcos Senesi will also bid farewell to the Cherries faithful on Sunday after confirming he will leave the club upon the expiry of his contract.

    Only left-back Adrien Truffert has played more minutes this season among his outfield team-mates, while goalkeeper Djorde Petrovic is one of just six players in the league to have played every minute of the campaign so far.

  6. 'A disgrace' - fans on Gibbs-White's England omissionpublished at 10:44 BST 23 May

    Your Nottingham Forest opinions banner
    Morgan Gibbs-WhiteImage source, Getty Images

    We asked for your views on Morgan Gibbs-White not being included in Thomas Tuchel's England squad for the World Cup.

    Here are some of your comments:

    Jon: Massively unlucky! His numbers don't lie. Aside from figures, he's been the main man at Forest, particularly in the second half of the season and has been key to their Premier League safety. His work rate is second to none, he's creative and offers versatility across four or five key positions. Not sure what else he could have done! Class player.

    Stephen: When you consider the understanding that he has built with Elliot Anderson it's beggars belief that he has not been included. No other player in his position can match his figures and he can also play on the wing if needs be.

    Emma: Very unlucky. Tuchel has definitely looked over key players. Gibbs-White is the top English goal scorer in the Premier League this season. He deserved a spot on the England plane.

    Steve: What does he have to do? He's the highest scoring English player in the Premier League! It's disgusting.

    John: Purely on form this seems to be a big mistake by Tuchel. Gibbs-White will run all day and gives his all. His goals and assists for a struggling Nottingham Forest side this season makes you wonder just how many he would have got in a more settled team. Surely it's the biggest mistake out of England's team selection for this World Cup?

    Mike: Definitely unlucky and better then Jordan Henderson by a country mile.

    Jenny: It is a disgrace that Gibbs-White has been overlooked just because we are not part of the fashionable 'big six'. He deserves better.

  7. 🎧 'No Gibbs-White is a big-call'published at 17:58 BST 22 May

    In the latest episode of Shut Up And Show More Football, David and Colin discuss Morgan Gibbs-White's omission from the World Cup.

    Did Thomas Tuchel make the right decision? Or could it come back to bite him?

    Listen below or on BBC Sounds here - and don't forget to subscribe to get each episode into your My Sounds feed.

    Media caption,

    Explore all Nottingham Forest content on BBC Sounds

    The orange BBC Sounds logo against a black background
  8. 🎧 Forest Daily: Morgan Gibbs-White's World Cup snubpublished at 17:12 BST 22 May

    The latest news and views on Forest in two minutes, every weekday afternoon.

    Listen below or on BBC Sounds here - and don't forget to subscribe to get each episode into your My Sounds feed.

    Media caption,

    Forest Daily: Morgan Gibbs-White's world cup snub

    BBC Sounds logo
  9. Should Gibbs-White be going to the World Cup?published at 10:53 BST 22 May

    Nottingham Forest have your say banner
    Morgan Gibbs-White and Thomas TuchelImage source, Getty Images

    Nottingham Forest's Morgan Gibbs-White has been left out of Thomas Tuchel's 26-man World Cup squad, despite his impressive season for the Reds.

    How unlucky do you think the Forest captain is to miss out? Is there anyone he should have gone instead of?

    You can get in touch with your views here

  10. Tuchel names 2026 World Cup squadpublished at 10:17 BST 22 May

    BBC Graphic - 2026 World Cup - squad announcement Goalkeepers
JORDAN PICKFORD
DEAN HENDERSON
JAMES TRAFFORD
Defenders
REECE JAMES
TINO LIVRAMENTO
MARC GUEHI
EZRI KONSA
JOHN STONES
JARELL QUANSAH
NICO O'REILLY
DAN BURN
DJED SPENCE
Midfielders
DECLAN RICE
ELLIOT ANDERSON
JUDE BELLINGHAM
JORDAN HENDERSON
MORGAN ROGERS
KOBBIE MAΙΝΟΟ
Forwards
HARRY KANE
IVAN TONEY
OLLIE WATKINS
BUKAYO SAKA
NONI MADUEKE
MARCUS RASHFORD
ANTHONY GORDON
EBERECHI EZE

    Thomas Tuchel has named his 26-man squad to represent England at the 2026 World Cup hosted in Canada, Mexico and the United States:

    Goalkeepers: Jordan Pickford (Everton), Dean Henderson (Crystal Palace), James Trafford (Manchester City)

    Defenders: Reece James (Chelsea), Tino Livramento (Newcastle), Marc Guehi (Manchester City), Ezri Konsa (Aston Villa), John Stones (Manchester City), Jarrell Quansah (Bayer Leverkusen - loan), Nico O'Reilly (Manchester City), Dan Burn (Newcastle), Djed Spence (Tottenham)

    Midfielders: Declan Rice (Arsenal), Elliot Anderson (Nottingham Forest), Jude Bellingham (Real Madrid), Jordan Henderson (Brentford), Morgan Rogers (Aston Villa), Kobbie Mainoo (Manchester United), Eberechi Eze (Arsenal)

    Forwards: Harry Kane (Bayern Munich), Ivan Toney (Al-Ahli), Ollie Watkins (Aston Villa), Bukayo Saka (Arsenal), Noni Madueke (Arsenal), Marcus Rashford (Barcelona - loan), Anthony Gordon (Newcastle)

    Alex Scott (Bournemouth), Rio Ngumoha (Liverpool), Josh King (Fulham) and Ethan Nwaneri (Arsenal) will also be part of the Three Lions' pre-tournament squad in Florida when they face New Zealand and Costa Rica.

    The England boss added that one more player will also join his squad in Florida, but did not name the individual.

    Tuchel said Bournemouth's Scott had an "outstanding" reaction to not being named in the 26-man squad.

    "The commitment, the wish to be in pre-camp and just be a step closer to the team, was not even a question to him. This showed me his character and spirit. He gets a chance to take a step closer and to get a cap," added Tuchel.

    Tuchel on his 26-man squad: "An exciting day for me and I think for everyone selected. From day one we were very clear that we were trying to build and select the best possible team, which is not necessarily to select and collect 26 of the most talented players. Teams win championships – it is as simple as that.

    "What we're trying to achieve in the summer can only be achieved as a team. That in mind, we chose a very balanced squad. We chose three goalkeepers, plus Jason Steele (as training goalkeeper). I want to take the opportunity, and thank Jason for being brilliant, and thank Brighton for being so cooperative.

    "We chose nine defenders for four positions, we chose seven midfielders for three positions, and we chose seven strikers for three positions.

    "I can assure every fan in the country that we have 26 100% committed players with us. Who know their role, who are ready to buy into their role on and off the pitch and who are ready and committed to the idea of team spirit and being unselfish."

    Follow reaction to Tuchel's England squad announcement here